PSEB 10th Result 2023: Pass Percentage Above 97% Once Again, Pathankot Top-performing District
The Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) has released the class 10th results today, May 26. The overall pass percentage is 97.56%, showing a slight decrease of 0.38% compared to the previous year. In 2022, out of the total of over 3.23 lakh students who appeared for the exams, 3.16 lakh students successfully cleared them, resulting in a pass percentage of 97.94%.
According to the live updates of PSEB Punjab Board 10th Result 2023, Pathankot district has emerged as the top-performing district with an impressive pass percentage of 99.19%. On the other hand, Barnala recorded the lowest pass percentage with 95.96% of students clearing the exams. Additionally, girls outperformed boys, with a pass percentage of 98.46% compared to 96.73% among boys. All transgender students who took the exam have successfully cleared it.
Government schools have achieved a better pass percentage of 97.76% compared to regular students, who have a pass percentage of 97.56%. This year, a total of 2,74,400 students passed the class 10th exam, while 6171 students will need to re-appear for the exam and 653 students have unfortunately failed. Moreover, the results of 103 students have been withheld. Students who took the exam can check their results by visiting the official website of the Punjab Board at pseb.ac.in.
Here is a summary of the pass percentage in previous years:
To pass the PSEB 10th result 2023, students must secure at least 33% marks in each subject and in aggregate. Those who fail in one or more subjects can apply for the supplementary exam, scheduled to take place in June. The Punjab Board will announce the results for the supplementary exams in the last week of July. In 2022, the class 10th board exam results were declared based on the average marks of both terms, as the academic year was divided into two terms, with each term covering 50% of the syllabus. Out of 3,11,545 students who appeared for the exam in 2022, 126 students failed, while 3,08,627 students successfully passed the board exam.