NEET UG 2023 Cut-off Rises for All Categories, Know Counselling Process
The cut-off marks for NEET 2023 have increased for students in the general category compared to last year. In NEET UG 2022, the cut-off range was 715-117, but this year it has risen to 720-137. Additionally, the cut-off for reserved categories such as Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC) has also seen an increase from 116-93 to 136-107. For general category candidates, the NEET MBBS/BDS cut-off in 2023 is set at the 50th percentile, while for OBC, SC, and ST categories, it is at the 40th percentile.
Out of the 20,38,596 candidates who appeared for the exam, a total of 11,45,976 students have successfully cleared the NEET UG examination, which accounts for approximately 56.21 percent of the test takers. These results were declared on June 13 and can be accessed on neet.nta.nic.in as well as ntaresults.nic.in.
Moving on to the counselling process for NEET UG 2023, qualified candidates will have the opportunity to participate in centralized counselling. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will conduct counselling for the 15 percent All India Quota seats, while the respective state authorities will oversee the counselling for the remaining 85 percent state quota seats. The specific dates for All India Quota seat counselling will be announced soon. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) and the AYUSH Admissions Central Counseling Committee (AACCC) are expected to provide an update on the counselling dates for NEET UG 2023. Detailed information and schedules for counselling can be found on the websites of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Medical Education Directorates of respective states.
The top rank in NEET UG 2023 has been achieved by two aspiring medical students. Prabanjan J from Tamil Nadu and Bora Varun Chakravarthi from Andhra Pradesh both scored 720 marks, securing the first position. Among the states, Uttar Pradesh has the highest number of qualifying candidates with 1.39 lakh students, followed by Maharashtra with 1.31 lakh, and Rajasthan with over 1 lakh qualifying candidates.