Ministry Of Human Resource Development Courses Equivalent To Graduation Degree: UP Govt
Introducing an exciting addition to its course offerings, the School of Commerce at the University of Delhi is launching a brand-new, full-time, 2-year MBA program in business analytics. Set to commence in the current academic session, the program aims to meet the growing demand for skilled and qualified professionals in the business sector across diverse industries.
The comprehensive MBA (Business Analytics) program was designed under the visionary leadership of Ajay Kumar Singh, the head of DU's Department of Commerce. Emphasizing their commitment to excellence and understanding of emerging industry demands, the department aims to nurture exceptional business professionals equipped with the necessary skills to excel in today's competitive world.
During the inauguration of the course, BR Shankaranand, the Akhil Bharateeya Joint Organising Secretary of Bharateeya Shikshan Mandal, praised DU's Vice Chancellor, Yogesh Singh, for introducing this new program at the university. He highlighted the importance of fostering leadership qualities among students to showcase India's potential on the global stage.
Admission to the MBA program will primarily be based on the Common Aptitude Test (CAT) scores, with CAT scores carrying 80 per cent weightage, and the remaining 20 per cent equally distributed between Class 10 and Class 12 marks. The selection process will create merit and waiting lists of candidates based on these criteria. The program offers a total of 76 seats, considering various academic reservations. Out of these, 24 seats are unreserved, 16 are reserved for OBCs, 9 for SC, and 5 for ST candidates. Additionally, 6 seats are allocated for economically weaker sections, while the remaining seats fall under subcategory reservation quota.
Aligned with the National Education Policy, the MBA program follows an outcome-based academic approach, meticulously designed to define specific objectives and takeaways for each topic in the curriculum. This approach aims to enhance the learning experience and prepare students to meet the demands of the ever-evolving business landscape.