Know the Difference Between BSF, CISF and CRPF; Check Their Salaries
In a nation like India, safeguarding against both internal and external threats is paramount. The Indian Armed Forces and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) serve as the pillars of national defense. CAPF, in particular, is entrusted with the responsibility of internal security. These forces possess dedicated training facilities and equipment, and they are led by IPS officers. Within CAPF, three prominent entities are the Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
Border Security Force (BSF):
- BSF personnel are tasked with safeguarding the nation's borders. They are deployed on the frontiers shared with Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Myanmar.
- Additionally, their duties encompass maintaining peace and countering transnational criminal activities.
- BSF Constable GD: Monthly salary ranging from Rs 21,700 to Rs. 69,100, depending on grade pay.
- Various allowances, such as dearness allowance, house rent allowance, and transport allowance, are also provided.
- Sub-inspectors in BSF receive a total of Rs 35,400 to Rs 1,12,400.
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF):
- CISF personnel are responsible for securing industrial units, government infrastructure, and other government establishments across India.
- Currently, CISF manages the security of over 356 industrial units, including airports.
- CISF Head Constable: Monthly salary ranges from Rs 25,500 to Rs 81,100, as per the Pay Level-4 structure.
- Various central government allowances are applicable to CISF employees.
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF):
- CRPF is entrusted with maintaining law and order in states and union territories.
- They are also called upon to assist during critical situations and emergencies.
- CRPF Assistant Commandants receive a basic salary of Rs 56,100 under pay level 10.
- They are entitled to allowances, including house rent, dearness allowance, ration, medical, transport, and more.
- Sub-inspectors in CRPF have a pay scale of Rs 35,400 to Rs 1,12,400 under Level 6.
- CRPF Head Constables are placed in Pay Level 03, with a salary scale ranging from Rs. 21,700 to 69,100 per month.
- Similar to other forces, they are eligible for benefits such as dearness allowance, house rent allowance, and transport allowance.
These three Central Armed Police Forces play distinct roles in India's security landscape, and their salaries reflect the nature and responsibilities of their service.