JEE Advanced 2023 registration starts for OCI, PIO and foreign candidates, check how and where to apply
The registration process for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced 2023 has commenced for foreign students, overseas citizens of India (OCI), and persons of Indian origin (PIO). Interested candidates can apply through the official website at jeeadv.nic.in. According to the website, "Online Registration for JEE (Advanced) 2023 is now open for OCI/PIO and Foreign National Candidates who have NOT participated in JEE (Main) 2023." The registration for the exam began on April 24 for OCI/PIO and Foreign students, while for JEE Main qualified candidates, it will start on April 30. All candidates must submit their applications by May 7, and the exam will be held on June 4.
- To apply for JEE Advanced 2023,
- candidates must visit the official website and click on the "JEE Advanced 2023 OCI/PIO and Foreign National" registration link on the homepage.
- After signing in using the requested credentials,
- applicants must fill out the JEE Advanced 2023 application form and submit all necessary documents.
- They must then pay the application fee and submit the JEE Advanced form,
- taking a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
The application fee for Indian nationals is Rs 2,900 for general category candidates and Rs 1,450 for SC, ST, PwD, and female applicants. OCI/PIO cardholders in the open or general category must pay Rs 2,900, while OPEN (GEN-PwD) and female candidates (GEN and GEN-PwD) must pay Rs 1,450. Foreign nationals residing in SAARC countries will pay USD 90 (around Rs 7,500), while those residing in non-SAARC countries will pay USD 180 (around Rs 15,000).
The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) will be conducted by the 7 Zonal Coordinating IITs under the supervision of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). The exam will consist of two papers - Paper 1 and Paper 2 - with each paper having a three-hour duration. Candidates must appear in both papers, with Paper 1 scheduled from 9 am to 12 pm and Paper 2 from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.