logo naukrinama

Agnipath Scheme 2022: Army Recruitment drive starts in Hisar; 23000 Candidates register


Around 23,000 army aspirants from four districts of Haryana - Jind, Hisar, Sirsa, and Fatehabad - have registered for the Agnipath program for open recruitment, which began on Friday at the Hisar army cantonment.

The youth from these four districts will appear for the physical and medical tests by August 29 and the written test will be held on October 16.

An army official said a total of 1,453 youth have appeared for the physical test, which started at 5 am on Friday.

“As many as 40 CCTV cameras have been installed to monitor the complete recruitment process. The 75% of the youths selected under the Agnipath scheme will retire after four years of their service and the remaining 25 percent will be regularized. Those who will retire after four years of service will be paid ₹12 lakh during the retirement time,” the official mentioned.

Aspirants gave mixed responses
The young people, who have taken part in the recruitment drive, gave a variety of reactions to the Agnipath scheme.

Ashish Kumar, a Narnaund resident in Hisar, said they were not happy with four years of service but due to increased unemployment in the state, they did not have a chance except to take part in the recruitment process.

Ashish said, “We have been practicing for years to don the green uniform and serve the nation. If I get selected, I will join the army. We are hoping that one day the government will introspect and regularise all Agniveers,”. 

Sumit Kumar from Jind said that this recruitment drive was a golden opportunity for him to fulfill his aspirations.

Sumit told the reporters, “I want to serve the nation, whether it is for four years or for a longer time. I was also against the Agnipath scheme but it is good that the government has once again resumed recruitment drives after more than 2 years,”. 

Sahil Bhamboo, a resident of Fatehabad district, says that even after the government has implemented the regime, the youth are filled with the same energy and hope to join the army.